www.fostermonsters.com

Friday, February 10, 2012

The Daily Orphan: Day 5

This has certainly been a record breaking blog week for me! And a record breaking day! Two posts! This one is about what happened today . I won't include the part of today I spent blogging about yesterday , that seems too meta ( or something) .

As the week has gone by I've gotten really attached to Orphie. I can't believe it's almost Saturday. For anyone who has followed all week , something is going to happen tomorrow. I'm still not ready to talk about it. Lets talk about today instead.....









Today started off in one of my favorite ways , breakfast with Evan. We scrounged up our quarters and went down the street to the teeny tiniest little place , The Koffee Pot.  This was a really good choice for Orphie too ,  the place is practically as little as he is! We got one of the 3 tables in there , so lucky!











You can't see my French Toast in this picture , but it was delicious! I think Evan is scolding Orphie for trying to take a bite of his breakfast. He is always blaming poor little Orphie for things he hasn't done!











It was rainy again today. I like to wear really bright colors weather it's cloudy or not.  I'm snuggling Orphie close because he is nervous. I think it's because of what I've planned to do before work.....










I pass this scary looking abandoned shack on the walk to work everyday. I've always been curious about it. Lafayette is not a place to have houses that look like this , it's normal in my neighborhood , but not here. I think it looks haunted. I wanted to snoop around a little.














We scrambled up the hill and peeked through the fence. I get freaked out pretty easy and I thought I could hear some rustling in the house , the door was ajar but Orphie* was too chicken to go in.        *The Headmistress










climbing up the hill turned out to be the hard way , as there was an entrance around the back.  One little flyer in the mailbox , and one little monster. Time was up for us , time to head to work! Maybe we will investigate another day.














Work was pretty ok. This is Orphie at work next to a sewing machine with our treat of the day! It's not a cookie like the last couple days , but it was Orphie sized and yummy!















I am currently turning these things into dinner! As I'm writing this! Look how healthy I can be! This probably cancels out the French Toast ,  pink donut , and 2 bags of potato chips that I had during the rest of the day. Oh dear , today is over. Pity.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I want to go to the Koffee Pot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the second smallest breakfast place I've been too! Come visit and we can go! :)

    ReplyDelete