www.fostermonsters.com

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Daily Orphan : Day 2




This morning started out in a very , very sleepy fashion.





















The pitter patter of rain outside the window makes the eyelids of this Headmistress very heavy indeed. Orphie was not helping me to wake up. He hit the snooze button three different times! Lazy little Orphan!  I wasn't too upset with him though. Sleeping in is a valuable thing! Lots of people have to wait all week for that  , so I feel a bit lucky. 











We were glad we woke up because there was a surprise waiting for us outside! Somebody left some chocolate chip cookies in my bike helmet! Orphie wanted to gooble them up for breakfast , but I didn't let him. It was hard to explain why it is a bad idea to eat cookies if you have no idea where they came from or why they are in your bike helmet , even if they do seem a wonderful and tasty surprise! I maybe mentioned that cookies are not a proper breakfast food , but those who know the Headmistress are aware that I don't take a firm stance on that , really. 















We got to do a little reading on the train this morning. I have never read this book before , and I really am enjoying it.


           



















Orphie enjoyed it too!





It was raining when we got off the train. Orphie really liked that! I rather like the rain myself. It makes the days pretty in a terribly dreary sort of way.











































The best part for both of us were the big muddy puddles that I only very daintly splashed around in with my new rain boots. Thank you rain boots!



























We spent a little time before work at my favorite cafe , eating a proper breakfast and drawing monsters.




























At work we helped alter  dress patterns for some of my students , and got their projects nice and ready for class this Saturday.  That pretty pink fabric you see there is turning into a very lovely summer dress one of my students is working on , I helped her put the zipper in it today! Orphie helped in his own way just by being there to cheer us on.



















Now that we are home , our night will mostly likely involve varying amounts of the following.












Hopefully a lot.


  








Hopefully only a little.























Hopefully the very most!

3 comments:

  1. What?! Did you ever find out who left the cookies in your helmet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never did! And they were gone when I returned. This is why one should always leave a note! *just some advice to any other would-be cookie giving souls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been away from your blog for awhile, so I'm getting caught up this morning. This one really made me chuckle. Especially the dishes in the sink.

    ReplyDelete