www.fostermonsters.com

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine Time!



Valentines Day is a really important day here at the Foster Monster Orphanage for Wayward Monsters. It's a day about love , and believe me , that is something the monsters think a lot about. Their whole lives center around not having love , and who will come along and love them , and so on and so forth. So it's a big deal.









 
The Orphans' prospects for adoptions are pretty slim these days. A lot of them have given up hope that they will ever find a loving homeSo  they are turning to each other to be that special someone , it's really very sweet.










 Little monster dates are popping up all over the Orphanage and Cupid's arrows are flying ( even though there isn't supposed to be any archery in the house).










Even though I'm usually a very stern Headmistress , I'm a bit soft when it comes to romance. I even turn a blind eye to some of the 'gifts' the monsters may be taking for one another out of my jewelry box.











And I try not to laugh at their tokens of affection , even though some of them don't make much sense.









 
  I was busy making my own Valentines one evening when I was interrupted by the dramatic sighing of a little monster by my side.












"Well , out with it! What's on your mind?" I asked him. He was sure looking down in the dumps.  " Oh Headmistress" he cried  " There's this monster , you see? and she is the most special monster I ever met..."









 

" She has eyes set real far apart , a sweet little snaggle tooth , and fur softer than a cat hair ball. I love her so much , but...."

















 "Nonsense!" I told him. After all , Valentines Day isn't about what you can give someone , it's about telling the people (and monsters) you love how special they are to you. "Just make a simple thing that says how you feel!" I advised.









"Maybe you love how they always know the right silly thing to say to make you laugh.."









 


" Or how they always can find where you are on a map , even a very complicated one!"







"Or maybe something just as simple as they have a totally perfect...err......tail."







I really think he thought about what I said because he got to work right away , cutting and gluing and coloring.















Happy Valentines Day from all of us at the Foster Monsters Orphanage for Wayward Monsters. You are weird and we like it!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment