www.fostermonsters.com

Monday, February 6, 2012

The Daily Orphan : Day 1

The Daily Orphan is a week long blog segment that will document the life of one Monster , a travel Orphan , really. This little monster will follow me everywhere , until Saturday.

Please don't ask me about what will happen on Saturday , I'm really not ready to talk about it.

My hope is that The Daily Orphan will be a nice way to bring the Orphanage out and about with me , as I ( the Headmistress) have been very , very busy lately  , and perhaps neglecting my Orphanage duties. 

So , without further preamble , I will tell the story of Day One.







This is my little friend , The Daily Orphan. I haven't given him a name yet , but I'm sure it will come to me soon enough. I might ask Angela for her advice on this matter. Angela is my friend ( best) and a real patron of the Orphanage . I bet you will meet her later this week.








Today started with a visit to my favorite thrift store in Chinatown .  I guess I should explain that I probably go here every single week. The people that work there know me , and they ask where I've been if I stay away too long.  I just love to find treasures and I like to dress up! It's fabulous and you should try it!  Anyways , I was a little sad that this gem green dress didn't fit around my curves very nicely at all. Little Orphan is just up there on a hook , looking around.



















  We did manage to find a couple of treasures though! I spent around five dollars , and it was totally worth it.




















Somebody even made some new friends! It was a wonderful visit. 
After the thrift store ,  we went home and I ate about 3 bowls of Frosted Flakes. This was a very bad idea. That was too much sugar for the Headmistress and it made me sort of jittery and jumpy. Angela let me know I was being neurotic as I packed and unpacked my wallet , keys , phone , and Monster into my backpack over and over again. I wanted to make sure I didn't forget him when I went off to work!












We waited for the train that I take to work everyday. This was a first time for the little Orphan so I know he was really excited. I was sort of excited too but I bet that was at least partly because of the Frosted Flakes.














I didn't take any pictures of us at work today , but I will later this week. Little Orphan sat in my backpack while I taught twelve girls scouts how to sew an apron for something they call ' Apple Valley Days' . My understanding is that this is a week in school where you get to dress up in bonnets and eat lunch from a basket. It sounds like fun!
















The girl scouts were cute but they wore me out a little bit. Orphie (is that his name?) and I picked up some wine and groceries on the way home. I made it my New Years Resolution to cook healthy food for myself , and I'm sort of doing it! Hooray!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this headmistress:) Your writing is really fun to read. Keep up the wonderful creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think wine is a healthy food group. :)

    ReplyDelete